Friday, October 26, 2007

The Smell of Success

This is going to be a short post, but I am very pleased with myself, so I figured I'd share it with my blog readers.

Tonight I wrote my Psychology mid-term exam, and it actually went great!!! I have to let you all know, that I have never experienced that before....EVER, in my whole life. I ACTUALLY felt good after writing an exam! YAY!!!

This Psychology course that I am doing is an online course. It is exactly the same as the in-class psych course, however, I had to teach the whole thing to myself. Every night I had to take it upon myself and dedicate at least an hour of my time to study. That was a very hard thing for me to do. It's not like you have your scheduled classes, and the teacher stands up giving you notes and starting class discussions...nope, just me and the book.

I achieved something tonight...the confidence that I can do it; with or without a teacher. This feels good. I'm just hoping I haven't counted my chickens before they hatched (or whatever that saying is, hahahaha).

P.S. To the arsehole (who I worked with at a previous job) who said I won't do anything with my life because I have no drive: Shove it, pal...not all of us have Daddy's who pass down empires to undeserving, lazy hands! Look at me now and say it! Hahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Now you count your chickens while that turkey eats crow.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about how you went back to school after a couple years off. That is extremely hard to do. Not only have you done it but an online course!!!!! Way to go, that is way more commitment that I would have had at yor age.
Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Melissa!